Hard to catch my breath sometimes. Now it looks like we are moving.
We made an offer on a house.
They countered.
We accepted.
We submitted a mortgage application.
We were approved.
Whoa there.
This is all happening so fast, I can't quite believe it.
"Fast" meaning we will close in April, if all things work out. A million things can happen between now and then.
One of those things being me getting some form of work. I interviewed with an old-old place, hoping to do home care again with them. It's a mixed-up sort of place- doesn't run very well, but people there have hearts of gold, for the most part. I'd just like a little bit of work- not a ton. (Hmm- look at that palindrome I just created....)
The interview process is long and drawn out there, so I'm still waiting to hear back. They loved me then, they love me now (no fooling) but the "corporate" "process" is such that it drags. Drives me crazy.
All this has been making me just a little crazy and insane. I can't imagine going back to work and leaving Eric. I know a million and one people do it.
I'm just number 1,000,002. :)
I've had the time of my life being a stay at home mom. When I say "time of my life" I don't mean that it's been all blue skies, sunshine and ice cream cake. It's been ups and downs, back and forth and sideways, and some days I've wanted to just go sit out on the fire escape.
But I've never done that. Though, I have looked at the words "fire escape" and they've taken on new meaning for me! I haven't put Eric out there, either.
All in all, this time has been a gift. I've cried, I've ranted, I've rejoiced, I've laughed... it's made the going great.
I think changes in life make you stop and think about how good you have it. I feel like I've been taking stock of my life since we decided to buy and move to a house. It's been great. It's made me grateful for what I've been through- the good and the bad.
Some people will call me crazy for that, but I don't care. Sure, there are some things I might change if I had it to do all over again. But I can't, so I learn and go from here.
I'm rambling.
Anyway, my hope is that with this one blog post, I'll start getting more "regular" at it again.
Or for once!
Lately, I've been contacted by so many old friends, thanks to Facebook. I love that stupid site. It's been so much fun for me these last months, being home with Eric. It's been incredible.
No comments:
Post a Comment