26 December, 2008

In Real Life

The very first time Michael and I went out alone (together) after Eric was born was to see a movie.

I cried through the entire thing.

Michael thought I was really touched by the subject of the film.

When it was over, I sobbed, "I hated it. What a terrible, terrible movie."

The movie brought out every possible feeling and emotion that I'd been feeling over the last 3 or 4 months (I don't remember the date exactly).  I felt relief, anger, sadness, joy, regret, peace, fear... everything. 

I related strangely to the main character and couldn't figure out why.

For the first time in nearly a year, I was alone without my baby (including pregnancy).

And it was overwhelming.

I've since fallen in love with that movie and I enjoy seeing every minute of it. 

We're going to sit down and watch it again tonight (I bought the disk).

"Dan In Real Life."

I can't wait to see it.

No comments: