23 December, 2008

Writing Out Loud



I look back at the lack of blog entries and I wonder if I stopped writing because I felt better or because I felt worse. Then I realized, I've been writing, but out loud. I've been in therapy this whole time. 

So there it is. 

It seems that as long as something is "out" I feel better and can move on. But in looking back over all I haven't written here, I realize I really want to write- er, type.

It's two days before Christmas. Tonight is the third night of Hanukkah, the holiday we celebrate in our home.  I have family who are Christian and we will be going to Christmas Eve dinner with some and then to another Christmas get-together on Saturday. I'm finding myself getting caught up in the craziness of the season without even being a Christian! This was the thing I left behind when I became a Jew. It was the thing I was happy to let go of- the yearly madness of this season. Now, I'm stressing over who's getting what and how much to bake for people. Eesh.

But this isn't what I wanted to write about today. I wanted to talk about Eric. What a fantastic boy he is. He has been learning so much and growing like a weed. He is just a wonder. He has done so many new things since I last posted- and even before the last post: I'd forgotten to write things down!

Eric started walking. Everywhere. Nonstop.

He's having a blast.

He's imitating Michael and me more and more. 

And I can't get over how much he understands:

If I tell him it's time for breakfast, he runs over to his booster seat. Same with lunch and dinner.

He knows so many different objects- his ball, the baby doll, his bottle, books, toys (in general).

He knows to go look for Daddy if we've been awake and it's time to wake up Michael. And vice-versa. Eric gets so excited when he sees us in the morning and when one of us comes home after being out for awhile.

And he remains such a sweetheart. He gives spontaneous hugs. He kisses. And his nature is still so sweet. I'm enthralled by him.

I feel so refreshed lately. Happy and calm. Sure, I have moments of wanting to lose my mind, but every day has been a gift. I am so lucky to have Eric and Michael. I feel so loved and treasured. 

And I know I have the two loves and treasures of my life right beside me.


No comments: