18 August, 2008

Unemployed

I finally quit my job today.

For real.

By proxy- sort of. Michael delivered the letter to my old boss.

I'd gone in a week and a half ago, ready (or not so ready) to resign. I saw my boss and he asked, "Why not think about doing per diem?" It made me pause.
He wouldn't take my letter at that moment- he wanted me to think about it.

I thought about it. And thought about it.
In the end, I couldn't do it. Something about 12-hour shifts and being away from home for 14 hours at a time....
Nah.

When I go back to work, I'll make my own hours. And my day will start at the reasonable hour of 9, not 7, AM.

So here I am- unemployed. A little sad, yes. When Michael stopped by, he saw some of my old coworkers. He gave me messages from them. I'm sad about that. For all the drama there, it was a fine group of nurses- a big part of my life for 1.5 years. Heh, now that's gone. Weird. In the big picture, that's not much, but it's still a loss. I think I was ready this time. 1.5 weeks ago I wasn't. (Ready.)

But focusing on the great things- ah!! That beautiful baby I've been home with- new friends- a new life- and having a career that I really can go back to. All that is really, really great. I wouldn't trade any of it.

Ever.
Especially the boy....

No comments: