04 March, 2008

Spring Can't Be Far Off...

Yesterday, temperatures hit the high 50's here in New York. I couldn't believe it! Oh, joy! What great fortune! After agonizing about whether or not I should take Eric outside (with that cold), I decided fresh air would be great for both of us and happened to check the weather on NY1.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw 55 degrees at the bottom of the screen! So, we headed out for a walk. And the walk led us to Paul's Park in South Riverdale. Paul's Park is a wonderful little park with swings, slides, a sandbox and plenty of toys. Yes, toys! Toys that stay there. Toys that no one steals. And it's just great. One of those special NY things I love.

The park was fixed up and watched over by an elderly man named Paul (I don't know the last name) some years ago, and since then, the park has been in great shape. People bring their children's old toys- exersaucers, tricycles, riding toys of all kinds- when they've outgrown them, and the toys stay. It's just amazing.

Yesterday was special, even beyond the great weather. Eric had his first swing ride. He was a little nervous to start off, but he gradually relaxed and (I think) began to really like it. Happily, I had my camera phone ready and took a couple of shots. And this is what you see here.... Enjoy.






No comments: